Taoist Meridian Yoga
Your Daily Practice for Enhanced Energy Flow
Imagine a simple daily practice that covers all the major energy pathways...
A way to get more life-force energy flowing in your body,
feeling more alive,
and greater wellbeing...
Well, that it what the Taoist Meridian Yoga is all about!
Discover the Daily Practice that has been used by Shiatsu practitioners all over the world!
This series of exercises is based in the healing arts of Shiatsu,and specifically a series of poses put together by Shiatsu Master, Shizuto Masunaga. The idea is to stretch the meridians, or energy pathways, of the body using breath and awareness. This helps to clear blockages and stagnation and to facilitate the life force energy flowing smoothly.
Do you sometimes wake up in the morning feeling reluctant to get out of bed because you just don't feel ready to face the day?
Do you find that you daily life seems to drain your energy levels leaving you exhausted at the end of the day?
Do you find your emotions sometimes on edge, erupting suddenly or feeling all blocked up inside?
Well, the Taoists associated these issues with "blocked Qi" (Chi), and developed an entire system to find ways to keep the energy flowing smoothly and consistently.
Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture, Qigong, Shaistu, Acupressure and Tai Chi are just some of the practices that were born from this system of wellbeing. The ultimate goal of these arts is a feeling of harmony, happiness, health and peace.
Perhaps you have been looking for a daily practice that it effective and yet easy enough to keep up on a regular basis?
Taoist Meridian Yoga is simple and yet complete, in that it addresses all of the major meridian pathways (energy pathways) in one simple form.
According to Taoist Arts, if the Qi flows smoothly, then so do the emotions...creating more harmonious emotions and feelings, no matter what life brings.
It is also a foundation for physical health and wellbeing. Each meridian is associated with a different aspect of our health, our organs and our wellbeing
This practice can be taken as a full hour-long session, or you can do the stretches in a faster way on days when you have less time. It's good to have a "speed practice" for those days when you just have to rush out the door, but still want a quick tune-up first! Other days you can luxuriate with music, candles and plenty of time afterwards for meditation...
In this series, you will not only help your own energy flow, but you will learn about the Taoist Five Elements as you go! This course has the practices and some theory to deepen your experience.
What will you learn?
- You will learn about the Five Elements and find out why an entire system of health and wellbeing was created around this.
- You will receive visual meridian maps to deepen your understanding of energy flow in your body and deepen your physical practice.
- You will discover how opening the heart can change your practice and healing (and be given the ancient Taoist method of heart-opening!)
- You will be able to increase your levels of life-force energy and vitality with your daily practice.
- You will find out the spiritual and healing aspects of each element and each yoga pose, so that you can work with the power of intention for a deeper effect.
- You will discover your energy pathways through your own living experience (not just out of a book!)
- You will find out which areas you need to focus on and tailor-make your practice to suit your needs or your self-healing program.
- You will learn some of the Five Element associations, such as the colours and sounds of each element, that bring energy flow to each different part of your body and health.
- You will discover why this ancient system of wellbeing has persisted for so long!
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who wants a manageable but effective daily practice that gets every major meridian flowing better...even if you have never had a daily practice before.
- People who practice yoga but want to understand more about the energy flow of different poses.
- People who practice qigong and want a comprehensive meridian practice.
- Anyone engaging in self-healing who wants to go deeper into self-awareness with their daily practice.
- Those who study any aspect of TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine): acupuncture, shiatsu, herbalism etc and want to create an inner experience to harmonize with their outer expertise.
- Any gender, unlimited ages (if you can stretch you can do it!
Why Taoist Meridian Yoga?
There are so many daily practices to choose from, why choose TMY?
- It's Time-Tested: The system of Taoism is at least 2,500 years old! It is a philosophy of life rather than a religion, and the Tao means "the Way". It's principles are believed to guide the way to a happy, healthy and prolonged life. If people have been using a system that long, then there has to be something to it!
- It's Flexible: Taoist Meridian Yoga can be taken for an extended period of an hour (or longer if you choose to sit and meditate afterwards) or you can whiz through each stretch in a few minutes! It s so helpful to have a flexible daily practice in order to keep it up. If it always takes one full hour, it will likely soon fall away from your life! Yet consistency has been found to be one of the most important aspects of a daily practice.
- It's Easy: You won't need to spend 6 months training with a Tao Master in the high mountains of China to get the TMY. Its effectiveness comes from your breath and awareness, rather than from skill or performance ability. Thus it is easy to do even if you are out of shape or recovering from illness. Yet skilled yogis and qigong practitioners can also find great satisfaction in this practice.
- It's Effective: Most students report feeling effects after a single practice of TMY. And those who are working on a particular meridian system, organ, emotion or area of health often find the practice a powerful part of their self-healing program.
- It Teaches You!: Not only do you get a daily practice, but you will deepen your knowledge and understanding about Chinese Medicine and Taoism as you go. This teaching comes from the inside out- it is not simply from the head, but experienced within the body. The Taoists saw nature and energy flow as the supreme teacher...so get your energy flowing in its most harmonious and natural way and you too will learn the secrets of the Tao!
StartMetal Element: Theory
StartMetal Element: Practice
StartWater Element: Theory
StartWater Element: Practice (7:31)
StartWood Element: Theory
StartWood Element: Practice
StartFire Element: Theory
StartThe Fire Element Practice (7:29)
StartEarth Element: Theory
StartThe Earth Element Practice (8:24)